Winterize Your HVAC with Heating Tune-up Service & More
At Stay Cool Heating and Air, we may be known as the premier Summerville Air Conditioning Company, but we also happen to be heating experts too. We’ll work with you to get your heating and air conditioning system ready for the colder winter weather.
But the sooner you get proactive about it, the better. The last thing you want to do is end up with heating repairs that could have been avoided.
We want to be able to teach you a bit about the steps to take as fall settles in that will prep your HVAC for winter. Otherwise, you’ll be calling us to take care of repairs in the middle of the night, without functional heat.
Top Tips to Prep for Cold Weather
You and your professional heating and cooling company need to work together to take good care of your system all year long. That means knowing what seasonal work to take care of in order to get ready to use your heat all winter long.
- Schedule Tune-up Service!
- You should have a tune-up twice a year. Schedule this in the spring before the summer strain on the AC, and in the fall before cold air puts your heating to the test. Tune-ups enable a professional to find repairs and adjustments to make now so that your system performs better.
- Change That Filter!
- Your filter should be changed each month. If you don’t have regular maintenance, it’s something you can take care of on your own as an easy and affordable task. A dirty filter restricts and eventually completely blocks the airflow.
- Program Your Thermostat!
- Even more importantly, if you don’t already have a programmable thermostat in place, now is the time to make the change. Being able to program your settings or use your Smartphone to make adjustments as needed will make your system run better and more efficiently.
- Run Your Heat Before You Need Your Heat!
- A common mistake homeowners make is to wait until the very last minute to turn on the heat for the first time, only to find out it doesn’t work properly. Let your system get acclimated, and don’t force it to work too hard all at once.
- Don’t Turn the Heat Off in Cold Weather!
- Even if you’re going away, turn the heat down but not off. It’s a common mistake to want to conserve energy, but turning the heat off will cause problems like frozen pipes and make it more likely for your system to malfunction when you turn it back on.
Get in touch with Stay Cool Heating and Air and let us get you the service you need from a Summerville heating and air conditioning company.