What Does an Air Conditioning Installation Include?
Summerville homeowners use their air conditioners almost every month of the year, so their AC equipment will probably begin to wear down from regular use. Don’t wait for your AC unit to breakdown to schedule an air conditioning installation. If you’re curious about what will happen during your AC installation, communicate with your air conditioning contractor freely so that you know what to expect.
- You should select a licensed and professional HVAC technician with proven experience and satisfied customers.
- The HVAC technician assesses your air conditioning system to determine which air conditioner is suitable for your home.
- Your HVAC contractor provides a quote of the installation cost.
- You should arrange to be home for the air conditioning installation.
- Furnishings and belongings should be removed from around your HVAC unit.
- Children and pets should be kept away from the installation area.
- The HVAC technician prepares the area by laying down drop cloths to protect the floor.
- The old air conditioning components are disconnected and removed.
- The new HVAC equipment may have to be disassembled before being installed into crawl spaces.
- The outdoor AC unit is secured to the ground and installed first.
- Once all of the air vents, registers, electrical wiring, and refrigerant tubing are installed, the air conditioning system is plugged into a power outlet.
- The new HVAC system is tested to make sure that it’s functioning properly.
- The HVAC technician cleans up the installation area.
- The HVAC contractor reviews the warranty of the AC equipment, rebates and tax credits, and cleaning and maintenance guidelines.
- You have the opportunity to ask questions about your new air conditioner after installation.
- You may be encouraged to provide feedback about your installation and the service provided by your HVAC technician.
If the air conditioner in your Summerville home isn’t working like it used to, consider hiring a trusted air conditioning contractor like Stay Cool Heating and Air for air conditioning installation services to ensure energy efficiency and comfort in your home.